Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Here is one on my recent doilies...I just loved the colors...I had just finished making this and had it for sale.
     The story goes, I had took Mom to the doctors and I had to wait in the lobby with her for my sister to come and get us...There was this older woman sitting alone at another table..she was crocheting some edgings on some wash cloths...I got up and went to the next table where she was and I asked her how does she do that cause I never knew, I'm kind of a self teacher.. So she told me o it's just so simple here look this is what ya do..and she showed me..Then we had this wonderful chat about her life.  She was in her 80's and she had told me how she had walked many block to get her at the medical building..She had talked with me for quite a while...when my sister got there we said our good byes...then my heart just said Janice yeah she is the owner of that doily you just finished...So I ran to the car and I grabbed it up...and came running back she was already up and going down to where ever it was she was headed...I ran after her and said excuse me I have something for you..She turned and said who me I said yes You.. First I hugged her and thanked her for showing me and for the lovely chat we had and then I said this is for you...She was so surprised and looked at me and said this is just what I have been looking for...I said good now it's yours and she thanked me many times..I never felt so happy in my heart to give away something to someone..By the way she made her wash cloths to give to the doctors and nurses who helped her along...I hope you like my new blog..My post will not be everyday post but occasionally ones..please drift by now and then ....with much love and many hugs Janice..
                                                              

4 comments:

  1. First follower! Any blog with doilies is my favorite. One suggestion...get rid of the music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte for joining me. I'm sorry but I enjoy my music...I'm a great lover of music...can't live without it...

      Delete
  2. I would consider it such an honor to purchase one of your pink and white/cream doilies. I'll keep watch for when you have a nice one up for sale. Lovely new blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Poca, going to be starting some new ones soon...been busy with a baby blanket...thank you for joining me...

      Delete