Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Lost needle and new inspiration...


Well I lost my needle once again, found it and lost it again, and it ended up in my daughter Van.. So she decided to mail it off to me. I received it today, but the envelope was ripped at the bottom and no needle..I was so sad. I had been waiting for it to show up so I could finish my doily.. O well I suppose once again I have to get out to the Crocheting store and get a new one.. but they are getting scarce.. so I got so bored that I picked up a size 8 instead and here's what I came up with.. I had been starring at my Newest Tea Pot.'
Out came this inspiration. This is the start of a beautiful doily which I have made all of it except the Roses that go around it because I have no clue as to how they connected them.. But I'm determined to figure it out this time.. I have to make 12 of this middle part just up until the black.. but I have to crochet much more before I get there...


I love the colors I used Its just like the colors on my Tea Pot..





Moving right along... 


I hope you have a lovely Wednesday,come back by and visit again.
see you soon
p.s. I ended up finding a place online and ordered two new needles hope they get here soon..


3 comments:

  1. Hi Janice, what a beautiful doily, and I love the color combination! The black really makes the center rose pop. It looks very Victorian. I love to crochet doilies too. Pineapple and Irish lace with the roses are my favorites. I have been enjoying recently, making knitted lace gloves and socks using double pointed needles. I am now working on a cherry red pair. I just found a mistake on the right glove and have to take the thumb apart but then I'll be back on the road again. I I know just what you mean about losing your needle, that has happened to me so many times. They always show up in the oddest places. I think my reclining chair eats them! :) Have a lovely evening ahead. Delisa :)

    ReplyDelete